Voting

Wednesday, November 3, 2004

Wish I Hadn't Said That

Jimmy Breslin wrote a great piece for Newsday on November 2, 2004, the day of the Presidential Election. It looks like he might have a been a tad too confident.
"One day last May, I assigned the election to John Kerry...Now I am so sure that I am not even going to bother to watch the results tonight...Besides, if I was up, so many people, upon seeing every word I said of this election coming true on television in front of them, would be kissing my hands and embarrassing me with outlandish praise."
You just can't make stuff like this up. In this column Mr. Breslin lambasts everyone from the liberal media to the conservative pundits for calling the election so poorly and not understanding the American people as well as he does. How embarrasing. It looks like he should have stayed up and watched the results before he wrote his column.
A final quote from Newsday:
"This is Jimmy Breslin's last regular column for Newsday. He will write from time to time."

No comments:

Post a Comment