Thursday, March 15, 2012
Monday, March 12, 2012
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Monday, March 5, 2012
So Madie is really talking up a storm these days, but most people still can’t understand her. The other day they brought her out of nursery to me because she was crying and no one could figure out what she needed. They had gone through everything from blankie to who knows what else before I got her. It turns out they had taken away her “fishies” (crackers). When all else fails, I told them to always assume it is some type of food with Madie—she is my best eater .
The other day, her and I were talking about Jesus and also about the temple. I asked her if she wanted to go to the temple some day and she said: Mommy and daddy go to the temple, Madie goes to disneyland. She prays everyday that she can go to Disneyland .
During Christmas I took my kids to a nursing home to sing Christmas carols to some of the residents. Ray asked me why people got old. I told them everyone gets older, that is part of life. I asked if I was in a nursing home when I was older if they would come visit me and Jackson said (after a lot of thought)…maybe…
Madie’s prayer the other day: “thank u for my dora, map, and boots…
So, life is busy as usual with four small kids, but I am trying again to keep up with my blog once a week, so my kids have a book of memories. Right now, we are off track and potty training Madie. I have enlisted Jackson and Ray into this crazy process. If we can all get Madie potty-trained by the end of this week, then everyone gets to go to the jump houses next week. We will see what happens. In the meantime, here are some highlights of the Sage Family Happenings (no pictures yet).
- Bubba turned one on January 12th. He had his first hair cut by his mom (chopped his bangs so he could see)—then he had a mullet—so I took him to a professional (also a sweet friend) and he looks about 3 yrs old—my baby is now an official toddler!
- Madie will be turning 3 on Wednesday
- Jackson received a Barton Bear Award Feb. 28th for being a creative thinker and great reader
- Jackson is reading at a 6th grade level
- Ray finished all her kinder sight words at the beginning of January and now is starting her first grade sight words.
- Ray and Madie are dancing up a storm in their tap/ballet class
- Jackson finished level 1 book in piano
- I am now a Cubscout leader!
- Much, much more to come in pictures!