Voting

Monday, March 24, 2008

Vitamin D and Apple Roll

Today I decided to get the kids out into the warm California Sunshine and get them their daily dose of vitamin D. We went for a walk to the Lake. I let the kids play on the rocks and while I was chasing Reagan, who was chasing a duck, Jackson slipped and fell and dropped his beloved apple (he loves to spend half a day eating his apple) and it rolled down the bank and into the lake. He started screaming and crying and I had to fish the apple out of the lake for the trash can. He was devastated and our lake adventure only lasted 20 minutes. I managed to get him calmed down, by threatening time out, and we walked to the park. That was much safer and cleaner for Reagan (no mud or duck droppings for her to play in) and I could relax on the grass instead of chasing her into the Lake every other minute.

After about an hour, the heat forced us inside for water, but we had a blast (after Jackson got over the apple incident). I sure love living in Southern California and I am so glad that spring is here. I am looking forward to many more outdoor adventures....

Check back soon! Our Easter pictures and adventures are up next!

1 comment:

  1. That kid and his apple.. not to mention cute little ray, our drama queen.

    ReplyDelete