Voting

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Three More Years…

 

Conversation last night with Jackson at bedtime:

Jackson: “Mom, you don’t need to tuck me into bed at night any more.  I am seven and should be able to tuck myself in” (he said this all very sweetly, so as not to hurt my feelings).

Mom:  “How about I tuck you in for just awhile longer.”

Jackson:  “Three weeks?”

Mom:  “How about three years.”

Jackson:  “Ok.  When I am ten you can stop, that should be good.”

This conversation made me sad to think how fast my little boy is growing up.  Next year he will be baptized. It also made me think on how I need to cherish these little moments, for they only last so long, but luckily I have three more years Smile….

2 comments:

  1. Phew. I'm glad he at least agreed to 3 more years. I certainly would not be ready for that part of my day to go away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest thing ever! I'll be so sad when Carson doesn't want me tucking him in anymore!

    ReplyDelete