Voting

Friday, January 30, 2009

Baby Update

At my last Dr.'s appointment on Tuesday, the Dr. told me that this baby is getting pretty big and he/she especially has a big head (not information any pregnant woman wants to hear). I love the big babies--as many of you know mine tend to get chubby pretty quick and I don't think either of them have ever registered on a growth chart (especially in height). However, neither of them started out very large--Ray was almost 8lbs and Jackson 8 and 1/2--and I never had a Dr. tell me that either of them were getting big while pregnant with them (although everyone comments on their size these days).

So, mostly because I live farther away from the hospital, but also because this baby is a little on the large size (Matt and I will both laugh when he/she ends up being only 6lbs), my very wonderful doctor is going to induce me anywhere from 10 days to a week early, so hopefully by early March we will have a baby!

One other thing, I am so excited to be surprised on the sex of this baby, but, I didn't think about how much more work it would be (not that I mind too much). I have to wash all of Jackson's baby clothes, burp rags, blankets, etc...as well as wash all of Reagan's stuff, too. Also, I have to try to make everything that I buy neutral--I didn't think it would be an issue finding yellow or green pacifiers, but, Babies R Us only seemed to have pink, blue, or purple--I'll have to try another place...Just a small price to pay for a truly genuine surprise.

We will keep everyone updated on baby #3. We can't wait to welcome him/her into the world (see, even writing sentences takes longer when you don't know the baby's sex)...


5 comments:

  1. Music to a mom's ears! You're getting so close. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful doc you have! Best wishes with everything, I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it is that soon! We are so excited for you! We were hoping we could come down...maybe we can come for the blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Early = awesome! We can't wait...let us know what we can do to help! I'd love to come over and do laundry for you - it would be a treat not to have to drag it across an apartment complex first :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I even knew you were expecting! How exciting! How fun to be surprised :) Congrats! Can't wait to meet her/him.

    ReplyDelete