Voting

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Bitter Sweet

Yesterday Matt and I signed a contract to purchase a new home. The home is expected to be built sometime around November 2008 (give or take a month--which Matt says translates into months in construction standard time). We are super excited about having this wonderful opportunity to buy a home that will fit our growing little family (before I get a ton of emails, I am not pregnant).

We knew when we moved into our little creekside home that we would eventually have to leave, but I don't think I was prepared for it to happen this year, or even next year--. I try not to think about leaving and saying goodbye, we still have 8 months to go...

I will keep everyone updated as we go through the building process. As for now, it looks like they will begin "trenching" (whatever that means) in April. If any one is interested in seeing the floorplan, shoot me an email. And... If anyone is interested in buying a home, and could handle being our neighbors, the one next door is still for sale!

6 comments:

  1. I wish I could say I'm happy, but I am SOOO sad. This ward just won't be the same without your sweet family! Not to mention I'm loosing you guys as neighbors! Who am I going to borrow eggs and flour from? Your new house is going to be amazing and I guess I can be a little bit excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. where is your new home located? This is sad for us, but so exciting for you guys!!! Jason and I have been looking for a home, but we have not come across the right one yet. We are probably going to wait a little longer and see if prices fall any more.
    I cant wait to see pictures of it as it is being built and once it is completed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting!! So is this the one near Corona? How fun! We're excited to see the floor plan and we're more excited for you guys to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got it right its bitter sweet. You and your family will be so missed. But we are happy for you too. And I must say a little jealous

    ReplyDelete