Voting

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Proud Moment

Jackson was asked to give the scripture in primary on Sunday. We worked with him all week to help him memorize it. I wasn't sure if he would get up in front of the entire primary and give it, he tends to be a little shy, but he stood up there and said it all by himself. I sat in the back with the biggest smile and tears in my eyes--I was so proud! It was a moment I will never forget. He was so excited to get a sticker and he hopped back to his seat and told his little friend Jacob, who was saying the Article of Faith, that it was his turn.

Although these little Sunbeams didn't grasp the importance of these brief moments (they were just elated to have stickers)--all the moms and dads in the back of that room absolutely sensed the greatness of these little children and the small, but significant steps that they were taking on a worthwhile journey that will hopefully lead them back to their heavenly home. I sure love the primary program and the opportunities it gives these little children, especially my little (big!) Jackson, to grow their love for the gospel.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sad I missed it, but Aaron said jackson said it all by himself. Great job!! Jake was so excited, too and I know just how you feel. I feel so silly to be so proud over a scripture or A of F, but how can you help it? They're so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete