Voting

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Red Slurpees

Jackson started taking swimming lessons last Monday. He had a tough time at first--he is a cautious kid and it takes him a bit to warm up to new situations (many of you will remember nursery, play group, etc). Matt and I couldn't let him give up, though, it is such an important thing to learn. So, we tried again on Tuesday. He walked right into that pool and never looked back! I was so proud of him! As a reward one day we went to 7-11 near the Hidden Park and we got red slurpees (I loved getting them as a kid). It was a great day, even though his slurpee ended up all over the car, I now can always look at the new red interior of the mini-van and remember how proud I am of Jackson (gotta have eternal perspective when raising kids--right?). Note: It's amazing the perspective you can have when sitting at your computer, 3 days later--I'm not sure it was there at the moment I saw the entire back seat of our new car covered in red--I seemed to have erased that moment from my memory...

Posted by Picasa

2 comments: