Voting

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Grateful

The other day my kids and I had a discussion on being grateful for the things Heavenly Father has given us.  We talked about how there are many children that don’t have toys or food or a house to live in. They seemed really upset by the idea that there were children out there that didn’t have any toys (I guess food and housing is not as big of a deal to a 5 yr old and 7 yr old).  I used this to get them to pack up the toys they don’t use to give to little boys and girls out there who need toys (D.I. here we come).  Reagan was the most excited and brought me some of her best toys. 

Then, in Jackson’s prayer last night he started praying for “all the kids that don’t have toys or food that someone rich would come and give it to them.” Love the humble, sincere prayers of a little child.

I love it when an important life lesson actually sticks to my kids’ brains longer than one day…

and I am grateful to a father in heaven who loaned me these four sweet little souls to humble me and to teach me about what it  really means to be grateful…

1 comment:

  1. I love those moments. Good for you for thinking to write it down so you can always have it to look back on.

    ReplyDelete